Here's the progress pics. Steps taken were the same as the last one, just much cleaner and more even layers.
Speaking of which, I tried something new this time for the paint process: Plasti Dip! They have a spray on and a paint on, and it is normally used to coat the ends of your tools and give it a better grip. In this case, I used it to see how the foam held up under it. Here's after the first coat:
Got a response from Sarah, who commissioned it (via my Etsy store), which really made my day. Rough week with the move, was in a grumpy mood, but her email really cheered me up. She gave me permission to post it, so here it is so you can smile along with me:
Thank you so much for making such a wonderful prop for me. I will be taking it to Comic Con this summer. I will leave you some feedback on Etsy as well. You did a great job!