Got a commission mid to late 2012 for this beast, and dear oh dear is it truly one. First up, a reference pic:
So as before, as it goes now with all my foam builds, I printed it out twice and cut out sections to be built separately. This was a good lesson in layering, which I will start doing with wooden ones I use as mold masters (see my Twitter/Facebook feed for my current attempt), though with the foam I just cut it all out together.
So, to keep from boring you with the details:
After that came etching and detailing.
So anyway, spackled the seams, and then it's off to paint. Once again, base coats of Plasti Dip, to seal the foam.
Here's a shot after removing the tape:
After that came the final, most important, and absolutely funnest step of all: weathering! I used similar techniques that I used on the tomahawk, especially since it added depth to the yellow bits and went right over top of the vinyls. Again, all I have at this point is a camera phone, so apologies for the low quality pics.
Hope you enjoyed!